Let’s talk about tuna! Tuna is one of those foods that is so versatile and handy. After all, everyone keeps canned tuna in the house all the time! Right? Well, this is a new way to use it that will wake your taste buds right up! I am a big fan of spicy tuna rolls whenever we eat at a sushi restaurant. I love the freshness of the veggies, the spiciness of the sauce, and the full flavor of the fresh tuna. BUT…since I am not a sushi chef, (big surprise!) nor do I get to go tuna fishing every day…this is a great substitute for that favorite dish. Plus, it takes less than 10 minutes to whip it up!
To make this recipe, mix a can of tuna (preferably packed in water, not oil) with a little mayonnaise, soy sauce and sriracha. Sounds great already, doesn’t it? This is the main ingredient in the wraps. Adjust the soy sauce and sriracha to suit your taste. I like mine a bit on the spicier side, so I usually double the amount of sriracha. Mix it all up and then we’re gonna slice the veggies.
I buy carrots already cut into matchsticks because it is way easier than doing it yourself, but feel free to grate your carrots, or cut them up yourself if you choose. Also, cut 1/2 of a medium peeled cucumber into long sticks, and slice 1/2 of an avocado. Now we are all set!
I like using whole wheat wraps for this meal…because it’s just better that way! Actually, the whole wheat wraps add a nice texture and mild nutty flavor that goes really well with this dish . Now, just line up your ingredients as shown. Use 1/2 of the tuna per wrap, and 1/2 of the veggies per wrap, and you will end up with two medium sized wraps.
I like to slice my wraps in half to make two pieces, but feel free to leave them whole if you like! Just look at that fresh, tasty goodness inside! These make a great light lunch, or even a quick snack.
Make a pile of them for your next get-together and watch them disappear! These are perfect any time of year, and are a great way to get an extra serving of veggies added into your day. Enjoy!
“Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like.” – Mark Twain
Salty kisses and sandy hugs! xoxo – Michele
- 1 can tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1½ Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 whole wheat wraps, medium
- ⅔ cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ cucumber, peeled and cut into strips
- Mix drained tuna with mayonnaise, soy sauce and sriracha sauce and set aside
- Peel ½ cucumber, and cut into long strips
- Peel ½ avocado and cut into slices
- Lay two whole wheat wraps on plates
- Spread ½ of tuna mixture onto center of each wrap
- Divide carrots, cucumbers and avocado slices between the two wraps
- Roll the wraps loosely around the ingredients like a burrito
- Cut the wraps into two pieces
- Serve immediately, or wrap in plastic wrap to serve later