Okay…so there are millions of recipes out there for Deviled Eggs, right? Well, these are the best! I’m telling you, these literally disappear like magic every time I make them. They have just the right amount of spiciness and flavor…PLUS they have BACON! I mean, seriously….how could they NOT be the best?!? OK…so here is how you make these fabulous eggs that will have everyone raving at your next get-together!
First…how do you boil an egg? Well…here is how I do it. I put a dozen eggs in a pan, cover them with about 2 inches of room temperature water, add one teaspoon of baking soda to the water, and put the pan on the stove over medium high heat. Bring the water to a FULL rolling boil, and let the eggs boil for about 90 seconds…about a minute and a half. Then, remove the pan from the heat, and cover it. Set it aside and let it sit for 10-12 minutes. After 10-12 minutes, pour off all the hot water, and add about 2 cups of ice cubes. Then, add enough cold water to cover the eggs by about an inch. Stir the eggs around in the chilled water for 1-2 minutes to chill them. Next, remove the eggs from the chilled water and peel them as usual. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, adding the yolks to a small mixing bowl.
Next, dice one entire package of pre-cooked bacon into small pieces. Put it on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a paper towel. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave, and dab any excess grease off with the paper towel. Set bacon aside to cool. Note – You COULD use regular bacon here, or even those little salad bacon pieces…but this pre-cooked stuff crisps up so nicely that it is my favorite. Not to mention it is literally ready in 30 seconds!
Place egg white halves onto whatever serving dish you plan to use. Mix all filling ingredients except bacon together in small mixing bowl Adjust ingredients to taste. We like things hot at our house, so I sometimes add a little extra Sriracha if I am keeping these for us! After all ingredients are mixed well, add 3/4 of the cooked bacon to the filling mixture and stir to blend.
Now, fill your egg halves with the filling mixture. You can use a piping bag for this, but you will need a large tip to prevent the bacon pieces from getting stuck in the tip. I like using a teaspoon. After you have filled all of the eggs, sprinkle a dusting of smoked paprika over the top of all the filled eggs.
Now, add 2-3 pieces of the reserved bacon to the top of each egg as garnish. Just poke the bacon into the top of the filling. Can you almost taste these now? Do these look yummy, or what?!?
And that’s it! You have just made the best deviled eggs you will ever taste! The spiciness of the Sriracha and brown mustard mixes with the creaminess of the mayonnaise…and then the absolute deliciousness of the bacon pulls it all together…..seriously amazing! But, don’t take my word for it! Try these yourself and let me know what you think!
“A real southern girl should own an iced-tea pitcher and a deviled-egg plate.” – Aaron Deal, Chef of The River and Rail
Salty kisses and sandy hugs! xoxo – Michele
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 4 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1 Tbs brown, spicy mustard
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pkg pre-cooked bacon (8oz)
- smoked paprika for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *1 tsp baking soda (Not used in filling!)
- Put eggs into large saucepan.
- Add enough water to saucepan to cover eggs approximately 2"
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of baking soda into water over eggs
- Bring water ta a FULL rolling boil
- Boil eggs for about 90 seconds (1½ mins)
- Remove saucepan from heat, and cover with lid
- Let sit for 10-12 minutes
- Pour hot water out of pan, and add 2 cups ice cubes over eggs
- Add enough cold water to cover eggs slightly
- Stir eggs gently in pan to melt ice and chill eggs
- Drain water from pan and peel eggs as usual
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and add yolks to small mixing bowl
- Place egg white halves onto serving dish and set aside
- Dice entire package of pre-cooked bacon into small pieces
- Put chopped bacon on plate and cover with a paper towel
- Microwave bacon for 30 seconds to crisp
- Dab any excess grease from bacon with paper towel and set aside to cool
- Add all filling ingredients (except bacon) into mixing bowl with egg yolks
- Stir well to combine ingredients
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and extra Sriracha if desired
- Add about ¾ of bacon pieces to filling ingredients and mix well
- Spoon filling into egg halves evenly
- Sprinkle tops of eggs with smoked paprika
- Add reserved bacon pieces to top of each egg for garnish
- Serve chilled