What makes a PERFECT PORK CHOP? It is golden brown on the outside with tiny crispy edges, moist and juicy on the inside with the full flavor of the meat shining through. When pork chops are done right, they are one of the best tasting meats in the world! So, how do you get that tender, juicy result every single time? It’s as simple as can be….I’ll show you!
First, let me mention that this method works equally well for bone-in pork chops or boneless ones….whichever you prefer. Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees. Now, on to the prep! So, I always rinse raw meat when I take it out of the package…not sure why, just something I’ve been doing for years. Just lightly rinse them under cool running water, then blot them dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. We like a lot of pepper at our house. Using medium-high heat, put 2-3 tsp of olive oil into a pan. Add the pork chops and cook them, undisturbed, for about 3 minutes. Do Not Flip Them! Just leave ‘em alone! Meanwhile, prepare a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray it with cooking spray. ( I love using my Misto sprayer for this sort of thing.)
Once your chops have cooked for 3 minutes, (one side only), place them on the prepared baking sheet with the cooked side facing up. As you can see, they already have a nice golden brown edge happening….but the underneath is still completely pink…see the reflection on the foil?
Now, just stick them in the oven and wait for them to be done. Usually, they will need about 8-10 minutes to be perfectly done….golden brown on the outside, and moist and juicy on the inside. Watch them after 8-9 minutes because oven temperatures may vary.
When you take them out of the oven, the first thing you will notice is the delicious smell in your kitchen….it is amazing! Then you will see that the chops are now a beautiful golden brown…and they have retained all the juices that make them so wonderful. No dry pork chops for us!
Is that the picture of perfection, or what?!? Can’t you just taste it now? And the best part is, it only took a few minutes to achieve this level of awesomeness!
So now, you have a couple of decisions to make. What side dish will you serve with these incredible pork chops? I recommend my Braised Garlic Swiss Chard. It is super yummy! And if that isn’t enough….you could also decide to top these babies with a Parmesan and Pine Nut Butter Sauce that is literally out of this world. I will post the recipe for this ridiculously simple topping below, so be sure to check it out. It takes five minutes from start to finish and adds a cheftastic touch to your chops! But trust me…they are crazy good even without the topping!
This is the topping…all ready to pop into the microwave…Yep! The microwave. You’ll be amazed at how delicious this stuff is!
That’s it! Perfect Pork Chops every single time. How simple was that? Enjoy!
FACT: Pork has more protein than chicken, and is high in zinc, iron and B-vitamins.
“There is poetry in a pork chop to a hungry man.” – Philip Gibbs
Salty kisses and sandy hugs! xoxo – Michele
- 2 medium pork chops, any style
- 2-3 tsp olive oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- 3 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Rinse chops under cool running water, and blot dry
- Season both sides with salt and pepper
- Add 2-3 tsp olive oil to a pan
- Cook pork chops, undisturbed, on medium-high heat for 3 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray
- After three minutes, place pork chops on baking sheet
- Put baking sheet into oven and roast for 8-10 minutes until pork is no longer pink in the center
- Serve warm
- Melt 1 Tbs butter in a small pan
- Add pine nuts and toast lightly, stirring constantly (about 1 minute)
- Put toasted pine nuts into small microwave safe bowl
- Add remaining 2 Tbs butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley
- Microwave in 15 second increments to melt butter
- Stir well and serve over pork chops