Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad….food nirvana! I mean, seriously!?! Could there be any other ingredients that go together as well as those do? I doubt it! Well, maybe peanut butter and chocolate, but that’s really hard to use in a salad! Anyway…let’s get to this awesome dish! This is one of those salads that is great for everything… It is perfect for BBQ’s, picnics, family events (who doesn’t love Ranch dressing?), and it even makes a great meal all by itself! Add a warm slice of crusty bread with butter and you are all set! I love the fact that it has a ton of veggies in it, but still has the good sense to be loaded with bacon as well! Awesome! Plus, it only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish! So…let’s get the ingredients all together…
Of course you need pasta. Any type of small pasta works with this, but I love classic elbow macaroni for a salad like this. Then, you load up on the veggies…corn, sweet peas, cherry tomatoes and broccoli. Look at those colors! But wait…something is missing! I can’t quite figure it out….Hmmmm….
It’s the bacon! (Y’all didn’t think I REALLY forgot the bacon, did you?) So yeah…add a ton of bacon. And believe it or not, it’s almost ready!
Put all of the ingredients into a big mixing bowl and toss them around to mix everything together. Make sure you use a big bowl!
Now…make it rain! Thick, creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing raining down from salad heaven all over this amazing dish of veggies and bacon!
Then stir it again to mix it up really well. Make sure all of the veggies are coated evenly as you stir. Add a little salt and pepper and dill weed as you’re mixing to really spice things up…and you are done!
Beautiful! Those vibrant colors, rich creamy dressing, fresh flavors…and BACON! Don’t forget the bacon! Yep! This dish is pretty much perfect! You can eat this right away if you like…or stick it in the fridge for a couple of hours to chill and let the flavors blend. Either way, it is sure to become one of your favorite “go-to” salads this summer.
“The colors of a fresh garden salad are so extraordinary, no painter’s pallet can duplicate nature’s artistry.” – Dr SunWolf
Salty kisses and sandy hugs! xoxo – Michele
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and cooled
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces and blanched
- 10 slices bacon, fried, drained and chopped into small pieces
- 1 1-lb bag frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 1-lb bag frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, whole
- ⅔ cup mayo
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbs dry Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients, stir and set aside
- Combine pasta and all vegetables in large mixing bowl
- Add bacon and stir to mix
- Pour dressing over salad and stir again to coat vegetables and pasta evenly
- Serve immediately, or chill in refrigerator if desired