Are you ready for some porn? No…not THAT kind of porn!!! I am talking about 50 Shades of Green…some good, old-fashioned plant porn…beautiful glimpses of Mother Nature as she has her way with the flora that surrounds us. I love playing the part of “Peeping Tom” as I meander through my gardens and snatch a peek at the many plants that don’t mind putting on a show for this appreciative audience. Stroll along with me and let’s see what we can find. Let me warn you, this is a picture-heavy post, but after all…don’t ALL great peep shows have lots of pics?
– Who better to watch over this blossoming cabaret than APHRODITE, Goddess of Love and Beauty? She stands silently gazing at her realm like a mother hen guarding her flock.
– The soft, delicate petals of this blushing pink RHODODENDRON are begging for attention against her woody background
– The simple beauty of a virginal white GARDENIA will lure you in with her wholesome green foliage, and then overwhelm you with her intoxicating fragrance
– The tall, strong spikes of a LEMONGRASS plant declare his dominance over the more subordinate sprouts surrounding him
– The exquisite charm of a LAVENDER bud is captured with its tiny flowers huddled together to protect its naked shaft from the world
– The PINEAPPLE MINT is dazzling us with her provocative greenery and allowing her delicate white lacy bits to remain exposed for our pleasure
– The yellow CANNA LILY stands tall and proud and boldly flashes us with all of her scintillating charms…truly a breathtaking sight to behold
– A shy HYDRANGEA struggles to preserve her innocence by covering her naive green foliage with luscious pink pom-poms
– The deep purple flesh of a BASIL plant who is not afraid to expose his vivid green underside for all the world to gaze upon
– And finally, the RED LILY…dripping with excitement and proud to be the true “Lady in Red” at this scandalous peep show
Our gardens are an ever-changing exhibition of wonder and beauty, and it seems as if we never take the time to enjoy the excitement and pleasure they have to offer. Make an effort to expose yourself to nature now and then…you will be overcome with delight at how stimulating it can be! I bet you will find lots of stunning plants right in your own yard that will truly open your eyes to the beauty that is Mother Nature.
“Gardens should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves.” – H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers
Salty kisses and sandy hugs! xoxo – Michele