Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up looking for blogging inspiration, and realize that your mind is a blank slate? For some of us, that is every morning! Ha! No ideas, no thoughts…nothing?!? Well, it happens to the best of us, believe me!
Well, here are a few ways to give yourself a little break and expose yourself to some great sources of inspiration. Take advantage of some everyday activities to fill your notebook with new blogging ideas…and get a break from your everyday grind while you are doing it! Just remember…inspiration sometimes comes when you least expect it…so open your mind and let the world inspire you.
– 10 Ways to Find Blogging Inspiration – (And Have Fun Doing It! )
– GO FOR A WALK – Look, listen, absorb! Take your camera for some quick nature shots or just some candid everyday life.
– READ A BOOK – Do a book review, or discuss the book’s storyline, an interesting character or your impression of the author.
– MAKE A NEW RECIPE – Review the results or explain what you liked or didn’t like about the final result…How would you change it next time?
– SCAN NEWS HEADLINES – Pick up on trending topics in the world today and express your opinions about one or more of them.
– GO SHOPPING – Write about your great finds or your experience with a new shop. Compare shops in your local area.
– SIT ON A PARK BENCH – People-watch for awhile and write about someone interesting that passed by or sat beside you. Interview a stranger.
– READ COMPETITOR’S BLOGS – See what’s trending in your niche and give a new perspective on it.
– EAVESDROP – Listen to conversations going on publicly around you to pick up on interesting topics. (Don’t be TOO nosey!)
– ATTEND AN EVENT – Go to a bake sale, charity auction or local county fair – All great sources of inspiration!
– EAT SOMETHING NEW – Try a dish you’ve never had before. Did you like it? Hate it? Would you eat it again?
Inspiration is literally all around us…but for those of us that write for a living, sometimes we need to step outside of our regular environment to see what is happening right in front of our eyes. Don’t be afraid to approach new people or try new things because that will give you something new to talk about. Invigorate your imagination! Ask people’s opinions, talk to strangers…become a sponge and soak up all of the wonderful inspiration that your world has to offer everyday. Believe it or not, wonderful ideas are all around us! In fact, you should check out these 50 Great Blog Post Ideas
“Get inspired by inspiring others” – Ken Poirot
Salty kisses and sandy hugs! xoxo – Michele